This was officially the shortest talk I’ve ever done on celiac disease EVER. I feel like I had to put 10,000 facts I have floating around in my head and had to cram it in. Hopefully it gave the people of Austin an insight into celiac and living life gluten free. Thanks for having me KVUE!
HERE’S WHERE YOU CAN WATCH IT! http://www.kvue.com/life/food/signs-of-gluten-intolerance/116253103 (or click on any of the photos from the show to watch the full thing!
A few things when you watch:
- My last name was butchered. Which is cool. I’m used to just being called Celiac and the Beast anyways.
- It’s weird talking about the differences between gluten sensitivity (NCGS) and celiac without sounding like I think gluten sensitivity is second-rate to my cause. While I am a celiac, and therefore I advocate for the celiac community, I have to delineate between an autoimmune disease caused by gluten and a sensitivity caused by gluten – as the ramifications of the diet, and disease are different. Did I eloquently state that in the interview like I did today or like I did in the lectures I gave in Austin? Nope. Yay TV.
- There are more Gluten Free Food Allergy Fests going on across the country. See me in Portland and Minneapolis and you’ll meet Alicia in Indianapolis and Columbus dates. Check all dates at GFFAFest.com.
- I am wearing a LOT of purple in this interview.
- They didn’t tell me what camera to look into, so if I look like I’m looking at the wrong camera during the whole interview, it’s because I am.
Do our team a favor and send this to your friends! I met a few people from the show that actually came down because of the interview. Heck yeah!