In a gluten-free breakfast rut? Sometimes I’m looking for something other than toast to have for a quick and easy gluten-free breakfast. I love balls and bars and bites for an easy breakfast. I like making things once – on an weekday morning, and having breakfast ready for the following week. These gluten-free oatmeal cherry breakfast bars are an easy way to make once, freeze or refrigerate, and have for an easy on-the-go breakfast for a week or so! A big thanks to Delicious Living for supplying this great recipe.
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats ( recommend Gluten Free Prairie or GF Harvest if you prefer purity protocol celiac-safe oats)
- 2 cups crispy brown rice cereal (I used Erewhon brand – do NOT buy Rice Krispies – they are not GF)
- ½ cup dried cherries (I used Graceland Fruit), chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup white chia seeds (I used organic Bob’s Red Mill)
- ¼ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened creamy peanut butter or non-nut butter (I used SunButter)
- 1 cup agave syrup (I used maple syrup)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I recommend Rodelle or Nielsen-Massey brands)
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper to create a 2-inch overhang; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine your gluten-free oats, gluten-free rice cereal, chopped cherries, chia seeds and shredded coconut. Stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine SunButter, agave or maple syrup and vanilla, stirring occasionally, for 4–8 minutes. Heat until ingredients are softened and easily stirred.
- Pour SunButter mixture over dry ingredients, and stir with a wooden spoon to mix very well.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, and place a piece of parchment paper over top. Press down firmly and evenly on parchment with your hands to pack mixture into the pan.
- Chill for 30 minutes, slice into bars and wrap bars individually to store.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months.
You can serve as is, or serve with an additional spread of SunButter or cherry preserves/jam on top! Thanks again to Delicious Living for this great opportunity to feature their recipes on my page. I love being a New Hope Blogger!