Are you a self-described sugar addict or carbo-holic?
Do you feel like your cravings for sugar & carbs have gotten worse since going GF?
Is one piece of candy or one cookie never enough to satisfy you?
If you said yes, then this giveaway is for you! I’ve partnered with Jennifer Fugo from Gluten Free School to offer you an AMAZING giveaway. She’s a Certified Health Coach & Yoga Teacher and is pretty awesome. THANKS JENNIFER!
Even though I’ve been gluten-free for long enough to feel comfortable in the diet, I still feel like sugar ultimately controls my life. I’m desperately afraid to go Paleo or do the Whole 30 because I know that I’d have to give up my precious sugar. Even though I really limit my intake, it still dictates my moods and I can’t go a day without a sweet.
Gluten Free School offers virtual classes (that’s right – you don’t even have to leave your house) to help you finally kick your sugar habit! Please read on as I highlight parts of her sugar cleanse website (you can visit the whole thing here), and read about what the virtual class offers).
Truth is, sugar:
- Contributes to weight gain and even belly bloating & discomfort
- Saps away your energy (even though you think it’s giving it to you)
- Feeds nasty bacteria, yeast and other undesirable microbes living in your gut
- Keeps you coming back for more — yes, it’s that addictive even in the smallest quantities
- Adds up WAY faster in your diet than you even realize!
- Slows the progress you make even if you’re 100% gluten-free
WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO LEARN:
Week 1: How sugar is killing you & what you CAN DO about it
- How sugar is destroying your gut, hormone health, teeth, bones and even your brain
- The nuances to gut health and how to simply re-balance your gut flora with minimal effort
- 10 biggest benefits to getting sugar out of your life that you haven’t heard about
- The myth about going Sugar-Free – why you no one actually does this & how it could hurt your health
- Sugar’s intimate connection with Candida & Urinary Tract infections
- Why a Gluten-Free diet only makes a sugar addiction worse
Week 2: Sugar: the Good, Bad & Ugly truth
- Decipher the many names and forms of sugar the food industry uses to hide it in food
- How to expertly read every food label panel to know how much sugar your eating (using my easy formula!)
- The truth about ‘Healthy’ sweeteners – Do they exist & what’s your best choice?
- How artificial sweeteners could be worse for your sugar addiction than you think
- Chocolate: My expert tips to purchasing chocolate that won’t make your sweet tooth go crazy
Week 3: Kick sugar out of your kitchen & cook healthier!
- What healthy, easy-to-make Gluten Free meals look like that don’t feel restrictive
- The top 10 sneaky places where sugar lurks in your diet where you’d never think to look
- How to intelligently stock your pantry with the ‘healthy’ sweeteners & cook with them
- Portion control: What does it look like in the real world and can it save you from your sweet tooth?
- My 5 favorite ways to deal with strong craving for your go-to sweet fix
Week 4: Is Fruit your friend or foe?
- Learn how much sugar is in the fresh fruit you eat so you know which are the healthiest choices
- The surprising truth about snacks : How trail mixes & dried fruit are keeping you tied to sugar
- Gluten-Free Carb Addiction: is this really your problem or is something else going on?
- Science talk demystified: the Glycemic load vs. the Glycemic index
- GF Energy bars: how bad are they really and which ones rank absolute last on my sugar-bomb meter
Week 5: Beat your Fatigue without Sugar
- How some grains could be contributing to your sweet tooth & why it’s better to kick them to the curb
- Hormone Alert: how sugar is wrecking your hormonal system & my tips to naturally re-balancing
- Exhaustion: how sugar and caffeine aren’t giving you the energy you actually need
- What a ‘normal’ low-sugar gluten-free diet looks like and how you can maintain it without feeling restricted
- Holidays & Parties: What to do to stay on track!!
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS? IF YOU WANT TO…
- Call the shots from here on out about what you eat and when you indulge
- Masterfully handle the onslaught of desserts and sweet treats during the nearing holiday season
- Kick your sweet tooth, sugar addiction and/or carb addiction
- Have the know-how to plan, prep and produce delicious, healthy, budget-conscious, family-friendly GF meals
- Develop the willpower you’re missing now to say NO to ‘sugar bombs’ & other trigger foods
- Refill your ‘energy tanks’ so you can feel awake all day even through the typical 3pm energy crash
- Feel leaner, lighter and more comfortable in your clothes
- Calm your constant digestive discomfort and upset
The Cleanse includes:
5 45-minute coaching tele-classes – get clarity around questions & help with your plan to break free ($150 value)
Additional downloadable Audio classes — learn the dangers of sugar & how to rid it from your life ($150 value)
Gluten-Free Recipe Guide with a meal plan so you can easily follow along ($125 value)
Access to my private Sugar Cleanse Facebook group for additional support & interaction ($35 value)
Email support with Jennifer during the 5-week cleanse ($100 value)
** Access to all tele-class recordings in case you miss the LIVE classes!! **
Optional **upgrade** – Individual 30-minute one-on-one phone sessions during cleanse
– NEXT CLEANSE BEGINS –
Thursday September 27 @ 8:30 pm ET
DATES: 5 Thursdays – 9/27, 10/4, 10/11, 10/18, 10/25
TIME: 8:30 pm ET / 5:30 pm PT
Mark your calendar and remember, all classes are recorded so you won’t miss a thing even if you’re busy!
HOW TO REGISTER TO WIN A FREE VIRTUAL SEAT AT THE NEXT CLEANSE:
1 virtual seat to the next gluten free school gluten free sugar cleanse. It starts Thursday 9/27 at 8:30pm EST and runs for 5 Thursdays – 9/27, 10/4, 10/11, 10/18, 10/25. Each class is 8:30pm PST/5:30pm PST. You should be available for these classes – so if you’re booked, please don’t sign up and let someone else win this one. This is valued at $97, so it’s a big prize!
1 winner, picked randomly (via Random.org) based on valid entries.
HOW IT WORKS:
Each person can be entered into our contest only two times – once through the website and once through social media.
- FIRST ENTRY: 1 entry (Limit 1 per person) on Celiacandthebeast.com. Comment on THIS post and tell us about your sugar addiction and why you’d like to cut it out! C’mon, don’t be shy! Make sure that you input your email address in the form so we can contact you if you’re the winner!
- EXTRA ENTRY: 1 additional entry (limit 1 additional entry per person) by following Jen Fugo (from Gluten Free School on Twitter) at @jenfugo OR (if you don’t have twitter) liking her Gluten Free School page here. Once you’ve done that, come back here and comment on THIS post (IN A SEPARATE ENTRY THAN THE FIRST ONE PLEASE) that you became her friend and leave your Twitter handle (if you followed on Twitter) or your name as it appears on Facebook (so we can prove you actually liked the page).
Sunday September 23rd at 5pm PST.